Friday 8 December 2017

Winter Chapel Christmas Card

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with another inspiration for Chirstmas cards, I made a simple yet elegant card featuring Christmas Chapel stamp and it's coordinating dies.


When it comes to create a clean and simple design, I always focus on the color combination and the layout. Today I chose blue, navy and mint as my color muse. I created my own mask by diecut a rounded edges rectangle on a piece of acetate. Then I blend some Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks in gradation, after I'm happy with the blending I stamped the stars from the same stamp set with blue dye ink. The white dots are created with Nuvo Drops, it adds such an amazing dimensions to my card. I stamp my images with Versafine black ink and watercolor them with Distress Markers. I also stamp a snowy Christmas tree from Christmas Home stamp set to complete my scene. I also bend the "Merry Christmas" sentiment to follow the banner on top -this one of main reason why I love clear stamps! Here's a closer look of my card...


The border on the bottom part is to fill in an empty space, but I still want to keep it simple using the smaller Stitched Scallop Dies on navy cardstock against the mint polkadot patterned paper. I really hope you enjoy today's card. Thank you so much for stopping by today, I wish you an amazing day!


1 comment:

  1. This is stunning. I love the colors and the design. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete