Sunday 18 September 2016

Adventure Is Calling

Hi crafty friends!

You know, there's (probably) the biggest cardmaking contest is happenning right now..yes, it's MFT Superstar Card Contest 2016! Today I'm going to share my second card for it. All the entries are super fabulous and intimidating at the same time, there are lot of amazing talents! But what I got nothing to lose anyway. :)


My most favorite series from MFT is Birdie Brown, Torico has created so many cuteness on every release and it becomes a-must-have-item EVERYTIME! Haha. Don't blame me, I just can't resist.
For today's card I combine three stamp sets to create a scene, there's a story behind it. A little lady who will be going to have a new adventure and she is not alone. She has her three furry friends came along to the big city. 
I start with a background city scape on a piece of watercolor paper, I stamped some of the buildings with a warm grey Hybrid Ink and another ones with black ink and fussy cut them. With this technique I can create depth for the background. I watercolor the sky with purple Distress Inks, I want to keep my color palette on the right track because I already decided that I will use purple, lilac and grey tone for this card.


The little girl from Adventure Is Calling goes really well with her furry friends from a set called Lucky Dogs. Actually most of the Birdie Brown's stamps can be mixed together, not only they have same style of drawing but also the proportion is  acceptable (I can't find the right word. LOL) The city scape is created with London Mouse stamp set, as I finished the card it looks like a postcard to me. What do you think?


This is the closer look of my card, I love to add dimensions. I hope you like my card and wish me luck!
Have a wonderful day. Thank you for stopping by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment